Lean Six Sigma Training
The Lean Six Sigma Methodology is well recognised all over the world in all industries to boost productivity, close performance gaps and develop talent. Hence, our Lean Six Sigma training helps build capabilities in this important methodology. Additionally, we offer Data Analytics Training to complement the following Lean Six Sigma programmes:
Senior Management Briefing (0.5 – 1d)
This briefing is an essential session to deliver a broad, high-level executive summary and it serves to harmonise enterprise understanding of the topic. Consequently, it covers the benefits and how an organisation can maximise these benefits to deliver tangible bottom-line performance. Therefore, this course is acting as a platform to facilitate and establish clear project expectations during the initial stage. Hence, it creates organisational commitment at the senior management for better resource allocation. And, it is seen as a key success factor for a High Performing Organisation.
The following topics are part of the agenda, among others:
- The deployment plan for Lean Six Sigma,
- Best practices as well as Do’s and Don’ts,
- Toolbox of Lean Six Sigma,
- Sample projects to showcase tools in action,
- Role of senior management,
- Criteria for selecting and nominating Belt candidates and
- Selection and scoping of high-impact projects.
Ideally it also provides a forum to align senior management business challenges to the desired outcome of the whole programme. Sharing other organisations perspectives creates an excellent opportunity to learn from others’ business success with an opportunity to make a difference. Ultimately, this briefing should bust some myths about Lean Six Sigma.
Lean Six Sigma Awareness Workshop (1 day)
Our Awareness Workshop is catered to everyone in the organisation to educate and to gain buy-in. The objective is to allow everyone to understand the principles and some awareness of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology and to be able to work as team members effectively. COE’s Awareness Programme is designed to train large numbers of staff to “Support the Change” or to enhance awareness of improvement projects. It serves to encourage staff to embrace the concept so that implementation will be smoother and easier.
Our Awareness Workshop is designed around a powerful business simulation that makes learning impactful and fun.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Champions (1 – 3 days)
Our Champion Workshop is tailored for Senior Management groups who are partially new to Lean Six Sigma and who are charged to kick-off project work as well as to monitor and review projects in their own environment. The objectives of our Leadership Workshop are:
- Creating an understanding of the Lean Six Sigma methodology,
- Generating a basic knowledge about the application of Lean Six Sigma tools,
- Defining the role of Champions, Black and Green Belts,
- Identifying problem areas for the next wave of Black/Green Belts,
- Providing a Leaders Guide for selecting, monitoring and reviewing Lean Six Sigma Projects,
- Enabling the Leadership Team to make decisions about Green and/or Black Belt candidates.
As a result, our Champion Workshop is designed around a powerful business simulation that makes learning impactful and fun.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Yellow Belts (2 days)
Our Yellow Belt Workshop is to equip participants with an understanding of the principles and some basic tools of Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Re-Engineering. After the workshop, you will be able to work effectively as part of a team on respective projects.
Yellow Belts learn:
- Structured problem-solving methodology,
- Basic-level tools within the Lean Six Sigma methodology and
- How to work and apply it within a project.
Our Yellow Belt Workshop is designed around a powerful business simulation that makes learning impactful and fun.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Green Belts (8 to 10 days)
Our Green Belt (GB) Programme provides participants with an overview of Lean Six Sigma as well as key concepts associated with effective project teams. In this programme, Green Belts receive a subset of the more comprehensive Black Belt curriculum.
Green Belts learn:
- Structured problem-solving methodology for addressing business improvement projects
- Intermediate-level tools within that methodology
- How to generate bottom-line financial results
- Identifying and applying the necessary skills for organisational team learning
- Experiencing the entire cycle of DMAIC, the Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Black Belts (GB Course + 8 to 10 days)
Our Black Belts learn how to comprehend the methodology and its implications in managing improvements to processes in organisations. Unique to COE, our Black Belt programme provides a structured approach to incrementally build on the training, some months after the Green Belt Programme with two objectives:
- To give Green Belts more in-depth knowledge of the tools they have covered during their previous training.
- To enrich their toolbox by the commonly known “Black Belt Tools”.
The standard training outline encompasses methodologies like detailed process analysis, graphical analysis, statistical analysis including hypothesis tests, regression, DOE and RSM. This programme takes eight to ten additional days after completing the Green Belt training cycle.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Product/Process Redesign
Our DFSS (Design For Six Sigma) is about developing a new product or service that is defect free. Therefore, DFSS combines many of the tools for improving existing products or services and integrates voice of the customer and simulation methods to predict new process and product performance. Lean Six Sigma training for new products is called Design for Six Sigma Training or DFSS Training.
Lean Six Sigma Training for Master Black Belts
Finally, our Master Black Belt Development programme helps outstanding Black Belts to grow into the challenging role of a Master Black Belt (MBB). The following topics are part of the agenda, among others:
- Cross-Cultural Project Leadership emphasizes the importance of recognizing and approaching of cultural issues when dealing with cross-cultural Lean Six Sigma deployments in multinational companies.
- DFSS Basics gives an overview of the DFSS methodology for Process and Product Design. Following the IDOV, this module gives an overview of the IDOV approach and the important tools supporting DFSS.
- Integration of Initiatives is a subject of growing interest for many companies. ISO9000, MBQA, Lean Six Sigma, SQC/SQA etc. Many different initiatives and requirements may lead to frustration and confusion. Our training module shows ways illustrated by real cases on how to deal with this tricky situation.
- Lean Basics gives an overview of the Lean and the Lean Six Sigma approach and focuses on major tools used in Manufacturing as well as Transactional/Service environments.
- Line Of Sight For Strategic Project Selection and Performance Management use a proven approach for making company strategies actionable by projecting it into processes and determining indicators that drive strategy. Bridging between Lean Six Sigma and Balanced Scorecard as well as building Dashboards are topics for discussion as well.
- Creativity and Innovation enhance the quality of solutions of Lean Six Sigma projects.
Lean Six Sigma Training Certification
Furthermore, formal Lean Six Sigma certification has become a valuable credential in the marketplace, because certification illustrates that candidates have done more than merely completing the training. Hence, they have truly demonstrated comprehension and application of the Lean Six Sigma methodology, tools, and techniques.
In addition to our Belt programmes, we also offer the option of formal Belt certification. After completing the training programme, Green Belt candidates undergo an exam and demonstrate results on an improvement project in order to be formally certified.
Our Value Proposition
Our consulting team bring with them experience in implementing medium and large scale Lean Six Sigma programmes as well as in strategy, organisation and people development and management projects.
Finally, we enhance the skills of your people so as to empower them to successfully continue and apply the tools and methods learned into the future. Hence, we transfer our knowledge to your people throughout our relationship. Your learning is part of the project. “Success” = Results + Skills Transfer