Innovation and Change
Our innovation and change management workshop focuses on managers, who are tasked to implement creative problem solving with their teams at the workplace. It usually takes two days and can be tailored for different requirements.
Innovation and Change – Objectives
After this workshop, participants will be able to
- Appreciate the power of creative problem solving phases and tools,
- Use a set of Creative Problem Solving and Design Thinking tools to streamline work processes,
- Incorporate innovation into supervisory activities and sustain innovative thinking and practices within the organisation,
- Develop, support and guide employees to contribute to innovation, as well as consulting with and seeking approval from relevant stakeholders on developing innovation initiatives,
- Bring resources and processes together to achieve organisational goals using variety of process improvement methodologies,
- Manage the implementation of change strategies and processes and
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of change on team members.
This workshop is based on the principles of Creative Problem Solving (CPS) by Buffalo State University, New York with injections of selected Design Thinking elements and Lean Six Sigma principles. Additionally, Change Management framework and tools have been added with the intention to smoothen innovation-related transitions. Since Change Management is a leadership task, tools like coaching, listening, communication, feedback come into play.
Innovation and Change – Design
Similar to Innovation and Productivity, day 1 of our workshop is structured around our process simulation that gives participants a safe environment to try out. This team based simulation involves playing the roles of a virtual company and their customers. All above mentioned steps and many tools are applied on the simulated process. This simulation is usually structured as a competition between two teams.
Since all innovation requires changes, day 2 of this workshop focuses on Managing Change at the workplace. After discussing the Change Management Architecture, conclusions will be drawn for participants’ own situations. Managers will be able to support their innovation journey with powerful change management interventions.