Nowadays, no organisation is really new to innovation. Some organisations have their innovation strategy; they are already deep into structured interventions to instill a continuous improvement mindset into their staff. Others are rather at the beginning, exploring innovation. In some organisations, talking about creativity and innovation is not well received since not everyone is sure that they can be creative. And, not everyone is keen to undergo changes even if “rosy landscapes” are promised. Staff members may need some opportunity for exploring innovation.
Therefore, it might make sense to inform – or better: rally – the organisation into the new era, the era of continuous improvement and innovation.
During our large scale, town-hall like, introductory session, participants are exposed to creativity and innovation in a fun way. Whilst some vital ground-rules for creativity are set, some basic tools are applied in a very open, yet structured way. This session is designed together with the client, uses one of our famous process simulations or brings LegoSeriousPlay into action.
During this usually one-day session, several objectives can be achieved:
- Developing a Common Language for Creativity and Innovation amongst all staff members of all levels.
- Agreeing on a Set of Rules to adhere to when going through the subsequent steps or events. These rules should include generic “Creativity Ground Rules” and rules for collecting or submitting ideas, running creativity/innovation events or even schemes to reward and recognise innovative job behaviour.
- Designing an Innovation Charter. This charter, drafted together with the staff, would path the way forward towards continuous improvement and innovation for your organisation.
- Familiarisation with Basic Tools for creative problem solving and innovation. These basic tools include Idea Box, Forced Connections, Analogies, Reversed Brainstorming and SCAMPER.
- Generating buy-in amongst all staff members for subsequent innovation tasks after showing them that they can be creative.
After this event, some participants might be interested and the organisation will be ready for the next level of engagement in innovation, our innovation and productivity workshop.